History Accomodation Program Registration Information for riders Visit Romania Registration Form Partners
Registration Deadline: June 1st 2022
Hello friends of historic motorcycles!
This year's FIVA World Motorcycle Event is a 3-day touring event along the steep mountain roads of Brasov, just in the center of Romania, organized by Retromobil Club Romania (ANF). Fringed by the peaks of the Southern Carpathian Mountains and resplendent with gothic, baroque and renaissance architecture, Brașov (named Kronstadt in the past, for presentation click here and select your language) is one of the most beautiful and visited places in Romania. Brasov is a fascinating place in any season. History, culture, architecture are elements that will surprise you everywhere.
During the event we will ride our bikes on a medieval route to spectacular places like Peles Royal Castle, Pelisor Castle, Rasnov Fortress, Prejmer Fortified Church, Sinaia Monastery, Bran Castle - home of famous Count Dracula, Harman Fortified Church, most of them part of UNESCO World Heritage. Surprising museums such as Cernat (Exhibition of agricultural tools and machines, radios and other ) and Bran Village Museum will also catch our sight along the ride.
Join us in discovering the Romanian hospitality, the fascinating Romanian traditions and folklore, the unspoiled and wild beauty of the Carpathians and the flavors of the Romanian cuisine.
The RETROMOBIL CLUB ROMANIA team is at your disposal and promises to organize a memorable event. We are glad to welcome you as our guests in Romania at FIVA World Motorcycle Event 2022!
Brasov and Sinaia are two cities with a rich history in motorsport and in the two and four-wheeled vehicle manufacturing industry. Both cities have been hosting hill climb races for almost a century, until the beginning of World War II motorcycles were a constant presence. Brasov is the city where in 1935 was organized the first mixed Grand Prix for cars and motorcycles in Romania. In Brasov and its surroundings operated the factories that produced the “IAR” fighter jets (they also made a series of motorcycle prototypes), the “Roman” and “Red Flag” trucks, the “Universal” tractors. The hotel that will host the event is located in the area of the former aircraft factory, converted after the war into a factory that produced tractors. The “Carfil“ factory made in Brasov (under “Weber” and Solex licenses) different types of carburettors for all vehicles produced in Romania. The “Metrom” plant also operated in the Brasov area, producing the’ “Carpati” and “Mobra” motorcycles. The factory which produced ARO off-road cars is also in this part of Romania. Unfortunatelly all these factories, which have exported their products to over 75 countries on all continents, are only history today. This year marks the 95th anniversary of the founding of the first motorcycle club in Romania, “Moto Clubul Roman” who had sections in Timisoara, Oradea, BRASOV, Sibiu and Chisinau. Honorary President of the was A.S.R. Prince Nicolas (uncle of HM King Michael). According to the yearbook published by FIM in 2004 on the occasion of the centenary Romania founded in 1934 the first motorcycle federation in the world. We could not conclude without mentioning that His Majesty King Michael (1921-2017), Honorary President of Retromobil Club Romania, was born in Sinaia at Peles Castle, a location he often visited while riding a motorcycle.
Hotel Qosmo, located in Brasov, Zaharia Stancu Street, nr 4, will host the participants at the event.
Qosmo is 4-star hotel opened in 2021. The hotel offers a high level of services and has enough free parking space. For the motorcycles we will organize a secured tent.
14 July 2022
Arrival of the participants
Registration desk open from 15.00 till 22.00.
15 July 2022
Driving distance app. 130 km, on mountain roads, with slightly steep slopes and enchanting landscapes
7.00-7.45 - Breakfast
7.45-8.00 - Briefing
8.00 - Start in the first stage: Brasov - Sinaia.
9.15-11.30 - Visit at Peleş/Pelisor Castle
11.30-12.30 - Visit at Sinaia Monastery/Tour of the city/Visit at Casino
12.30 - Start in the second stage: Sinaia - Poiana Braşov.
13.30-15.00 - Lunch
15.30-17.30 - Visit at Rasnov Fortress
17.30-18.30 - Visit of the Fortress’ Valley Cave
18.30 - Start in the third stage: Rasnov-Brasov
19.00-20.00 - Rest time
20.00 - Dinner
16 July 2022
Driving distance app. 160 km, start 8.30 am
7.00-8.15 - Breakfast
8.15-8.30 - Briefing
8.30 - Start in the first stage Brasov - Harman
9.00-10.00 - Visit of Harman Fortified Church, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
10.00 - Start in the second stage Harman-Cernat
11.00-14.00 - Visit of Cernat Museum - an exhibition of oldtimer tractors
14.00-16.00 - Lunch
16.00 - Start in the third stage Cernat - Prejmer
17.00-18.00 - Visit at Prejmer Fortified Church (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
18.00 - Start of the third stage Prejmer-Brasov
18.30-20.00 - Rest time
20.00 - Dinner
17 July 2022
Driving distance app. 100 km
9.00 - Start in the first stage : Brasov-Bran
9.30-11.30 - Visit at Bran Castle (beware, count Dracula loves the old motorcycles !)
11.30-12.00 - Visit at Museum of the Bran village
12.00 - Start in the second stage Bran-Plaiul Foii
12.30-14.00 - Lunch
14.00 - Start in the third stage : Plaiul Foii- Brasov
15.00-18.00 - Exhibiton of the motorcycles and visit of Brasov’s Old Town
18.00-18.30 - Return to the hotel
18.30-20.20 - Rest time in hotel
20.30 - Gala dinner
18 July 2022
7.00-9.30 - Breakfast
Any time till 12.00 - Departure of participants
In order to register to the event please fill up the form below
Participation fee :
550 Eur/ person - Double Room Accommodation for 4 nights ( July 14 -18)
690 Eur/person - Single Room Accommodation for 4 nights (July 14 --18)
The fee includes:
- Welcome drinks and Welcoming Dinner on July 14
- All Inclusive meals and refreshments during the rally (whole event)
- Gala Dinner on July 17
- Social program and entry fees for all the museums or visiting areas
- Protected parking for bikes and cars
- Mobile motorcycle service. Transport for bikes to the parking place in case of technical problems.
- Welcome gifts
- Shuttle bus for ladies
Accommodation for additional nights (two days before/after the event) in the same hotel (special price):
add 90 Eur/ night (double room with breakfast included)
add 80 Eur/night (single room with breakfast included)
Your booking will be confirmed after we will receive proof of payment (copy of the bank transfer) through email@example.com
Account of : Asociatia RETROMOBIL CLUB ROMANIA
Address : 13A Zeicani St. , Bucharest, Romania
VAT number : 11189593
Bank : BRD GROUP SOCIETE GENERALE
Account (Euro) : RO18BRDE445SV89575414450
SWIFT Code : BRDEROBUXXX
Information for riders
1) News channel: Because we want to offer you as much information, photos and recommendations as possible before / during / after the event, we have created a Facebook page dedicated to FIVA Motorcycle World Event 2002, which you can access here:
2) Please be sure that you will have all the documents on you: valid ID card or passport, full valid driving license,
motorcycle insurance, health insurance (travel insurance), proof of ownership of your vehicles,
3) EU COVID Certificate (not sure yet if it will be mandatory at the moment of the event), Passenger Locator Form (PLF).
4) Please observe the traffic rules and use principles of a safe ride. Keep a proper distance and do not join other groups beside the one you are already assigned to. It is mandatory to wear a safety helmet and we suggest you wear protective glasses and gloves all the time when riding your motorcycle.
5) According to the Romanian law, the lights must be switched on all the time, the speed limit is 50 km/h in the cities and 90 Km/h on national roads.
6) Each participant is responsible for the technical condition of his/her vehicle and for its usage on the road. During the event a complete technical assistance van will offer you all the support.
7) Since Romania shelters one of the most numerous wild-animal population in Europe, it is quite predictable, during our trips, to meet deers or wild bears in their natural environment. Beware, do not stop and feed them!
8) In Romania a valid vignette is required for auto vehicles. Please note that motorcycles are excepted!!!
9) In Romania the official currency is RON = Romanian Lei. In most of the places you will be able to pay by card, but be sure to always carry some cash with you (RON) for small purchases. We recommend that you withdraw local currency from the ATMs, the course can be consulted by accessing https://www.cursbnr.ro
10) Do not drink and drive!
We also invite you to discover some of the most attractive tourist destinations in Romania. Here are some of our recommendations:
Transfăgărășan - the most famous and scenic road of Romania, labeled also “The Road to the Clouds”
Transalpina - the highest road in the whole Carpathian chain, a 2000-year road used by the Romans to conquer Ancient Dacia
Medieval Fortress of Sighisoara - the only medieval citadel in Europe permanently inhabited, listed on UNESCO World Heritage List
Sibiu - “The City with Eyes”, former European Capital of Culture (2007)
Bucharest - the capital of the country, nicknamed “The Little Paris”, with the famous Ceausescu’s People’s Palace - the heaviest building in the world and the second largest administrative building in the world (after Pentagon).
The Danube Defile - Iron Gates Natural Park - an area of immense natural beauty, which includes the spectacular defile created by the Danube and the Carpathian Mountains
The Danube Delta - where the mighty Danube river meets the Black Sea, it has created a massive deltaland, Europe’s largest wetland area. It is still surprisingly wild and relatively undestroyed.
The Ancient Dacian Fortresses - the 6 surviving Dacian fortresses built around the first century BC, part of UNESCO World Heritage
Oradea - one of the most beautiful European cities with well-preserved Art Nouveau architecture.
Timisoara - the largest city in western Romania, settled on the northern bank of River Bega, lies in its distinct architectural character and vibrant cultural life. Frequently referred to as "Little Vienna’’.